Hong Kong offers trails aplenty for all levels of hikers from beginner to advanced. Enjoy the great outdoors, but be sure to properly prepare for a day on the trails and adhere to safety precautions. Follow these helpful tips to have an enjoyable experience on Hong Kong’s many beautiful trails:
- Carefully make a plan and familiarise yourself with the route.
- Gauge whether your fitness level is appropriate for the route.
- Pay attention to weather conditions.
- Do not go hiking alone if you are an inexperienced hiker.
- Wear appropriate gear and bring along extra clothing and supplies, such as hats, raincoats, windbreakers, maps, compasses, hiking sticks, water, food, electric torches, umbrellas, radios, first-aid kits and mobile phones.